Freitag, Mai 29, 2009

Häusliche Gewalt gegen Männer auch Thema in Indien

Cases of wives abusing their husbands and giving them sleepless nights is on the rise and so are the number of divorces in the city

"My wife wanted me to be a cuckold husband. I was pushed into wedlock by guile and threat. I'm the only son of my parents. What I suffered for 10 years in marriage will read like a film script. But, let me tell you, I suffered her abusing my sick mother as no man had ever endured. My mother, Santamma (66), is an acute diabetic, but my wife is so cruel that she bashed my mom's head on the wall, leading to serious injuries. She was in KC hospital and later in NIMHANS," narrating the story, K Suresh, 38, says he received no justice from the world. (…)

But husband-battering has been invisible up till now. Recently, many young men in the third richest city are seen frequently rushing out of bedrooms howling. The 2006 and 2007 crime data say 1305 husbands in Bangalore ended their lives in 2006 and 1596 in 2007. It was 245 a decade ago. The national scene shows that 65.3 per cent of men committed suicides in eight cities in 2007. Bangalore comes third in the list.


Hier findet man den vollständigen Artikel.

Labels: , , ,

kostenloser Counter