Dienstag, Oktober 29, 2013

Kanadisches Studentenmagazin: "Vorurteile gegen Männer gibt es, und sie richten Schaden an"

Als ob diese Studentin Antje Schrupp gelesen hätte:

Just like misogyny, prejudice against men has become such an ingrained part of our culture that we often don’t even recognize it. I was taught from a very young age that “boys only want one thing.” It made me terrified of them. They became “the other”: people to be extremely wary of. I still struggle with this idea to this day. Clearly this notion has been damaging to me, but it has also been hurtful to the men in my life who’ve deserved more of a chance than I’ve allowed myself to give them.


Im weiteren Verlauf des Artikels heißt es:

And, yes, men can be raped too, by people of all genders. The very idea that they can’t is in itself a horribly misandrist statement that does a world of hurt to male victims, who are sometimes even more afraid to come forward than women due to the stigma that goes along with it. Not only does this idea undermine the experiences of men, but it perpetually places them into the role of the perpetrator. Always the rapist, never the victim. You can just imagine the psychological damage this can cause.


Hier findet man den vollständigen Beitrag.

kostenloser Counter