Dienstag, Juni 09, 2009

Kanadische Publizistin: "Wer kämpft für die Rechte der Männer?"

Und auch jenseits des Atlantik checkt eine Frau, dass hier etwas katastrophal schief läuft – aufgrund ihrer eigenen Erfahrungen:

I am a divorced woman.

I am not here to wave the female activists' banner, because much to their dismay I cannot in good conscience refer to myself as "the victim".

My first trip to the lawyer after getting separated was like a trip to a first class financial buffet. Behind closed doors the plan was laid out at my fee. On the menu was child support, spousal support, pensions, extraordinary expenses, education costs and the list went on. It was all there and ripe for the picking.

"This is what you can get", I was told. It was horrible. I had the ultimate power and control over my ex-husband's future in the palm of my hand.

(…) This family law system is a joke. It should have been called the Flawed Family Law System. In my opinion, this is a predatory system in which women use the divorce laws as a legalized vehicle for harassment against men. What gives me the right to have total power and control over his life until our children are no longer considered "children of marriage?"

The judges, lawyers and courts can't save my partner. I know that his fate has already been sealed. He has lost before he begins. The only question left to answer within our legal system is how much and for how long? Will this man be shown any leniency by the system?

The real judge, jury and executioner here is the ex-wife. The choice is hers. Will she want to see him financially destroyed, alienated from his children and left with only God to comfort him? Don't kid yourself ladies.

I have been in touch with several men's groups in Canada and I am a proud member of Fathers 4 Justice Canada. I have read literally hundreds of e-mails from men reaching their hands out of the gutters of life to simply come up to a living standard that you and your other female activists would call hell on earth.

Where are the politicians? They fund women's rights groups but what about men's rights? This abuse of justice against men in Canada and around the world makes a mockery of everyone. How sad for our children.

Once a society knows that an injustice is being done, we have a moral, ethical and spiritual obligation to address the problem. I ask you why are we ignoring men's rights in Canada?

The media and government should be ashamed. You know that this problem exists. Please do what's right rather than what's easy. Be a voice for fathers and their children.

As for all you divorced women out there, take your anger, bitterness and control issues out on your therapist and not your ex-husband. Before your first trip to the lawyer ask yourself these questions: Do I have a have a conscience and can I accept the repercussions of my actions?


Den kompletten Artikel findet man im Alliston Herald.

Labels: , ,

kostenloser Counter