Montag, März 10, 2014

Lily Allen kommt ins Grübeln: Wie nennt man eine Emanzipationsbewegung für Männer?

"Feminism. I hate that word because it shouldn't even be a thing anymore," she said. "We're all equal, everyone is equal. Why is there even a conversation about feminism? What's the man version of feminism? There isn't even a word for it. Menanism. Male-ism. It doesn't exist."


Toll, Lily, jetzt hast du dir's mit einigen wenigen Sätzen bei beiden politischen Lagern zugleich verschissen. Aber man kann die Bildungslücke der Pop-Sängerin verzeihen, wenn man sich Lily Allens Erklärung dazu anhört, dass Männer nicht "der Feind" sind:

Speaking about the problems facing women more generally, Allen continues and expresses her theory about who the real "enemy" is: "It's much the same [as it used to be]. But I don't think men are the enemy. I think women are the enemy. I know that when I'm sitting in a restaurant and a really beautiful woman walks in, who’s skinny, I instinctively think, 'Oh, she's really skinny and beautiful and I’m really fat and ugly.' So it's more of a competitive thing. It's weird. It's just really unhealthy and we're our own worst enemy."

kostenloser Counter